June banjos

My first project in June was a batch of 12″ stock banjos to replace what had been bought in May.  Banjos 153, 154 and 155 are all shown on the Banjos page.

Banjo #156 was my only custom banjo in June, it is a walnut 12″ with just a few differences from what I normally make. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I also made a custom neck for a vintage banjo pot.  I have never seen one quite like this before, so it was a fun project.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Banjo #157 is a cherry 11″ and is shown on the Banjos page.  I also made several armrests and a removable resonator.  This is a picture of the resonator that was sent to me after the customer applied the finish.

IMG_1426

I worked some more on the octave mandolin in June and the body is complete except for binding, but the neck is still only half made.  I hope to finish the build this month if time permits.  Also in July I am building 3 custom banjos, 3 stock banjos, and a neck, as long as I don’t run out of time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s