The owner of last month’s neck kindly sent me this picture after reading that I had forgotten to take a picture of it after installation on the pot.
November was a bit odd in the shop. I started off working on my first dreadnought size guitar, and got the soundbox completed and the neck blank made before grinding to a stop because the inlay the customer wants is backordered from his supplier.
The first completed project was an unfinished neck, which the customer is going to fit to the pot. He sent measurements and I built the neck to them as best I could. The tuners were requested by the customer. I’ve never used ones with such thick string posts before. The neck is walnut and has a zebrawood fretboard with rosewood binding.
The other neck is fitted to a Gibson trapdoor banjo pot. It is made from curly maple with a rosewood fretboard. The customer supplied the inlay and I installed it.
Both these necks were actually not completed till early December. My plans for the rest of this month include a custom banjo, perhaps the completion of the guitar if the inlay turns up, currently 5 banjo rims to be made and fitted to flanges and tone rings, and maybe building a stock guitar.
I’m also still working on stuff inside the house. The last outdoor job was installing a small mini split heat pump for weather that’s not cold enough for the wood stove. I ended up getting one I could install myself since the person who was going to do it all summer and fall never did. It went in the day before Thanksgiving, and we have used it a few times and expect to use it more in the spring. This was my first time with this kind of job but it wasn’t too hard. The pictures are from before I wrapped the lines into a bundle.
Once it got too cold to hang laundry outside I made a “too big to fail” clothes rack for indoor drying. It’s about 6 feet long and 6-1/2 feet high.